Sunday 1 September 2013

Hill Road

I continue to receive a lot of complaints about potholes and trip hazards. The street I previously received the most complaints about was Ellieslea Road but thankfully, for the meantime, this has been attended to. One of the other locations that generates frequent contact with me is the junction of Hill Road and Hill Street. The potholes have been in filled on a number of occasions but unfortunately these deteriorated again relatively soon afterwards. Recently I raised the issue again with the city engineer and asked if a more permanent repair could be carried out. In response I was advised that the road maintenance partnership inspector is proposing to carry out repairs here using the thermal patching equipment (Rhinopatching) where suitable, when the equipment is next available for use in the Broughty Ferry area.