Sunday 2 April 2017

Road and pavement success

Panmure Street
I have been advised of the Roads Maintenance Partnership’s planned maintenance programmes for the 2017/18 financial year and was delighted to see that a number of locations I have highlighted as needing attention are to be dealt with. Panmure Street, one of the most potholed streets in the town, is to be resurfaced, as is Traill Street. In recent months I have received many complaints from local residents and road users about their condition so it’s good to see them getting some attention.
 
Good news too about the unadopted pavements. Three that I have repeatedly pushed for are to be brought up to standard and adopted by the council. These are Maule Street, Reresmount Place and Collingwood Crescent. A few still remain to be done and I will be doing all I can to get these attended to as well.