Sunday 3 August 2014

Tickets on departure

I was asked by a constituent if I could investigate the possibility of getting a self service ticket machine at Broughty Ferry station to allow passengers to collect their tickets at the time of their departure. The point made to me was that if a ticket is purchased on-line, including a seat reservation, and the journey is to be made relatively soon thereafter there isn’t sufficient time for it to be posted. The ticket would need to collected from a machine, and the nearest one is in Dundee. I raised the matter with the council’s city development department and I received the following response:

‘The return of regular rail services ‎at Broughty Ferry looked at station facilities and included information and ticketing facilities review. A ticket machine was not progressed by First ScotRail and in light of the current franchise being re tendered I would not envisage any such investment being considered until the operator is announced later this year.’
I understand the winner of the franchise will be notified in October so I intend to pursue this matter further at that time.