Wednesday 13 August 2014

Kerrington Crescent pavement

I was pleased to see that work to bring up to standard the pavement on the north side of Kerrington Crescent is progressing. This is another pavement that I have received a lot of complaints about over the years. I previously was able to increase its priority in the council’s unadopted footways scheme by establishing that houses were present in Kerrington Crescent prior to 1919 which allowed it to gain the maximum number of points that are allocated to pavements for the age of housing in the street. I was able to do similar with the age of the housing in Strathmore Street, beside the Barnhill shops, which also resulted in the pavement there being included in a programme of works this year.

On viewing the attached photograph when writing this item I noticed that the street name plate for Maule Street has all but been worn away. I have asked that this be replaced with a new one.