Sunday 1 June 2014

Dundee councillors' expenses

The elected members annual expenses 2013/14 has recently been published and can be viewed on the Councillors Publications section of Dundee City Council’s website.

During the last financial year, as in previous years, I didn’t claim anything for mileage or travel, I didn’t attend any conferences or claim anything for my home telephone. The only expense recorded against my name is for a council mobile telephone which is paid for directly by the council as part of its telephone contract. My total salary and expenses was the 28th lowest of Dundee's 29 councillors.

I declined the salary increase that was awarded to councillors’ back in 2009 and since then the difference has been included in the council’s general fund to be used in its revenue budget. The total since 2009 comes to about £2000.