Thursday 11 July 2013

Beach Lane: action to be taken

Earlier this year improvements were made to the path at Beach Lane that leads to the railway footbridge at Grassy Beach. This was done to ensure a pedestrian route was maintained for the period that the last section of the Douglas Terrace walkway was closed for refurbishment. At that time I reported that I ask for the vegetation to be cut back nearly every year and I hoped that this latest makeover would be maintained.
In recent days I have been contacted by frequent users of the path who are concerned that it will soon be overgrown again.  I raised the matter with the director of the environment department and have since been advised that arrangements are being made for it to be strimmed and weed killed.  I have also been assured that it will be put on the regular cycle for the pesticide application.