Wednesday 7 December 2016

Dawson Park success

For a long time I have been requesting that improvements be made to the Dawson Park play area and I’m very pleased that at last something is to be done.
 
The Neighbourhood Services Committee this coming Monday is to be asked to approve a spend of £76,698 on playground improvements at the park. Earlier this year when I became aware of funding being made available I met with the council's landscape architect on site to discuss the proposal. The existing equipment will be refreshed and the fenced off area extended to allow the introduction of some additional new equipment. It is anticipated that the work will be carried out early in 2017.
 
At the November meeting of the committee it was agreed that Orchar Park would also receive some attention, including refurbished shrub beds and borders and additional benches. I will continue to press for Broughty Ferry’s other parks and open spaces to receive funding to carry out improvements.