Sunday 30 October 2016

Kerrington Crescent

I’m pleased to see that work has started to upgrade the unadopted pavement on the south side of Kerrington Crescent. The north pavement was upgraded and adopted by the council a couple of years ago.
 
When I was first elected as a councillor in Broughty Ferry one of my goals was to try and get as many unadopted pavements as possible upgraded. This was in response to the complaints I had received about them from householders and pedestrians. Back then Broughty Ferry had a significant number of unadopted pavements, including some busy main roads, but since the council introduced its unadopted footways scheme a lot have been attended to. I have always looked for ways to improve the priority ranking of the unadopted pavements in Broughty Ferry and in a lot of cases my efforts have proved successful, the pavement on the north side of Kerrington Crescent being one of them.