Saturday 17 September 2016

Getting things done- Westfield Road

I always push for as many Broughty Ferry roads and pavements as possible to receive some surface treatment as a lot of them are in need of attention to various degrees. The roads maintenance partnership produces a programme every year of major surfacing schemes that are to be undertaken, but more localised repairs will be carried out where a need is identified. One such location is the granolithic pavement at the east side of Westfield Road, near to its junction with Brook Street. I have been asking for a while for this to be dealt with and a number of residents have spoken to me about it.
 
Thankfully my repeated request for action has paid off as I have recently been notified that funding has been secured to carry out repairs at this location. The works have still to be programmed but the fact that it is to be getting done is very welcome.