Tuesday 9 April 2013

Good news on unadopted footways


Bughties Road
Five Broughty Ferry pavements feature in Dundee City Council's unadopted footways scheme for 2013/14. The footways on the west side of Abertay Street, the east side of Fairfield Road (north of Strathern Road), the south side of Bughties Road, Campfield Road and the south side of Albany Road (from Ralston Road to Fairfield Road) all scored highly enough in a priority ranking exercise to be included in a programme of works during the current financial year.

Over the years I have nominated Broughty Ferry pavements for inclusion in the scheme and I have made suggestions for improving their priority which has resulted in many of them being attended to.  I am pleased that these five footways are to be brought up to standard as they are in a poor state and I frequently receive complaints about them, however there are many pavements still to be done and I will continue to push for their inclusion as well."