Sunday 25 November 2012

New Broughty Ferry bus service

Monday (26 November) will see the launch of a new bus service linking central Broughty Ferry and Dundee City Centre.  Stagecoach Strathtay Service 74 will operate Monday to Friday every 30 minutes between 0900 to 1600.  The bus will run between Dundee city centre and central Broughty Ferry via Strathern Road.
I have long campaigned for improved bus services in Broughty Ferry and I am pleased that a direct link from central Broughty Ferry to Dundee has been re-established. I’m sure this will be welcomed by the very many people who have raised the issue with me.
I’m surprised that the route this service will take to the city centre is along Strathern Road as there are already Dundee bound buses travelling this way every few minutes.  There is a distinct lack of buses using Dundee Road, something that I repeatedly highlight, and the residents who live in this area, but have no access to private transport, will wonder why Dundee Road hasn’t been incorporated into the new service 74. Nevertheless I’m grateful to Stagecoach for improving the public transport options in Broughty Ferry.