Sunday 7 October 2012

Accident at Claypotts Road/Ferndale Drive

There was an accident recently when two vehicles collided at the Ferndale Drive and Claypotts Road junction resulting in the wall of  a property in Ferndale Drive being  knocked over.

The safety of this junction is something I have raised often over the years. It is a very difficult junction to emerge from as vehicles come out of the nearby bend on Claypotts Road pretty quickly. In the past, in response to my enquiries, additional road markings were put down (I had to send repeated requests this year to get them refreshed). When the new Grove building opened I asked for the 20mph sign to be relocated north of the junction as I thought this would make things safer for everyone but I was advised by the council at that time that it couldn't be done .

I have asked the council's head of transportation to look at what safety measures can be taken as a result of this accident.