Friday 27 January 2017

Broughty Ferry Post Office

I was concerned to see that Broughty Ferry Post Office had closed its doors. It is essential to have a Post Office in a central location in Broughty Ferry, as the suggested alternatives are too far away for people with no transport. It is also important for Broughty Ferry, as a significant district shopping centre, that it has its own Post Office branch. When the closure was brought to my attention I contacted the Post Office customer care team and I have now received the following response:
 
“Unfortunately the Broughty Ferry Post Office has temporarily closed due to circumstances outside of our control. Please be assured our Field teams are working hard to resolve the situation, however, I am unable to advise a timeframe at this moment in time.”
 
While it's good to know that there is likely to be a resolution, I hope it doesn’t take too long. I will contact Post Office again for an update in the next few days.